Atlassian recently shared some exciting news! They announced the acquisition of Mindville, an asset and configuration management company founded in 2013. Mindville is based in Sweden and boasts over 1,700 customers across the globe, including NASA, Spotify, and Samsung. Their flagship product, Insight by Mindville, provides enterprise organizations with excellent visibility into assets and services. This, in turn, leads to elevated service experiences for both employees and customers...important cornerstones of IT Service Management (ITSM).
In our humble opinion, this acquisition is a huge win for the Atlassian ecosystem. Prior to this announcement, we featured Insight in our App Spotlight of the Month back in April, which we publish in every monthly newsletter. Click here to read more about our thoughts on this excellent app. We’re obviously super fans of both Mindville and Insight, and we're incredibly excited about what this acquisition means for Atlassian, for Isos, and-- most importantly--for you, the customers.
Here are 5 reasons why we're thrilled about Atlassian's acquisition of Mindville:
1. Insight works alongside both Jira and Jira Service Desk to bolster Atlassian’s ITSM capabilities. Insight adds a missing, key component to Jira and Jira Service Desk. With Insight, you can track the nouns (things like servers, laptops, etc.) along with the verbs (service tickets). Here's a quick and easy example of how Insight can benefit your organization...if a server goes down in your company, you can use this app to glean information on how often that particular server has been down in the last several months, what service tickets have been linked to it, and much more.
2. Both IT and business teams can use Insight as a convenient, centralized place to store and exchange information about their organization's assets and infrastructure.
3. Insight can track assets by scanning your network so you don’t have to enter every asset in manually.
4. This flexible solution integrates with leading cloud providers like AWS and Azure. It can also either co-exist with, or help teams migrate away from, other ITSM solutions like ServiceNow.
5. Insight is available on both Atlassian Cloud and Atlassian Data Center!
In our opinion, the best thing about all of this is that Insight is just one more spoke in the wheel of Atlassian's phenomenal ITSM offering. With recent acquisitions like Opsgenie, Automation for Jira, and Halp, Atlassian has proven they're serious about offering a quality, comprehensive ITSM solution for enterprise organizations.
For more information on Insight, Atlassian, or what this recent acquisition means for your company, please reach out to our team of Atlassian experts here at Isos Technology. We're happy to talk shop, give you a demo, and/or answer any questions you might have!