Looking for a way to report on your Jira issues? Try EazyBI, it provides plenty of different reports to choose from. To mention a few, there's the Issue Resolution Days Report, Created/Closed Datetime Bar Chart, and Jira Project Roadmap. You can select from many interactive reports, tables, bar, line, pie, etc. Find more information on the reports here. One of the key features is EazyBI's ability to integrate with many web applications and databases, for example Google Sheets. For this blog we will dive more into how to import your data from Google Sheets into EazyBI. Feel free to see all the other integrations available here.
Create a Project and Enable Google Drive
1. Go to the API Console to create a new project (or use existing project)
Click the projects list, then click the New Project button
Name your project and select the location/organization to create the project under
2. Go to the API Library to enable the Google Drive API
API & Services -> Dashboard
Search for "Google Drive" and Enable API
Create Client ID
1. In Credentials section create a new Client ID for web application
Choose OAuth Client ID
Choose Web Application and complete the form
You can find this in your Jira instance -> System Info -> Server Info -> Base URL
In Authorized Redirect URI enter JIRA_BASE_URL/plugins/servlet/eazybi/source_applications/auth/google_spreadsheets/callback (substitute JIRA_BASE_URL with your Jira Server Base URL)
2. After creation you will see your Client ID, to see both your client ID and client secret edit the client ID.
Edit Client ID
Add EazyBI in JIRA
1. Go to your JIRA instance → In eazyBI advanced settings specify Client ID and Client secret.
Go to EazyBI
Go to Settings
Add configuration and update settings: Client secret
client_id = "..."
client_secret = "..."
2. Data Import from Google Sheets
Go to home and Create a new account
Add a new source app
You will see the Google Sheets source application