CBS Marketing Group’s more than 150 team members had been using a proprietary .NET-based system, aptly named Promotracker, to manage their promotional spot production lifecycle. Over time, workgroups with different areas of focus (e.g., strategy, design, production, etc.) had developed different processes and methodologies, and modified the tool to meet their specific needs. It became evident that this system was not scalable as the team's production of promotional spots increased over time. That's when Isos Technology stepped in and created a customized Atlassian solution for CBS Marketing Group. Read on for a snapshot of this multi-layered project.
In addition to the problems outlined above, Promotracker had gaps in functionality, so many processes were still taking place outside the system—requests were being made through email, assets were being shared as attachments, and information was being tracked through spreadsheets. Spreadsheets posed a particular challenge—with no way to enforce taxonomy, information was being tracked in different formats and there were version control issues. With data in so many different places, it was difficult to track usage rights. It was nearly impossible to get a clear picture of work-in-progress or to report on it.
Isos Technology helped CBS implement Atlassian tools into a new, easy-to-use project management system, designed to streamline the promotional spot production process. The project included:
- A solution comprised of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, and custom scripting and integrations
- Complex, multi-step workflows, manual processes, and calculations simplified through automation
- Governance to ensure projects are structured and managed consistently, yet with a system to allow enough flexibility to accommodate specialized needs
- The ability for CBS to now track works in progress, more easily access information and assets, and report at a granular level on completed work
- A system that can support a 30% increase in projects without adding staff
- A 90% decrease in requests coming in via email
With the help of Isos Technology, CBS was able to successfully implement Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, and custom scripting to streamline complex workflows and maximize productivity at CBS Marketing Group. Results include:
- Increased efficiency and accuracy
- Enhanced governance
- Increased visibility and collaboration
- Granular reporting
- And more!
Download our case study below to learn more!
Sign up to receive more great content
Learn more about Atlassian and how Isos can help by signing up to receive our latest blogs, eBooks, whitepapers and more.
Training Made Easy: Four Great Atlassian University Classes for Beginning Jira and JSM Users