Very soon, Atlassian will offer Cloud plans designed for Enterprise, bringing with them some great reasons to make the switch to Cloud and place more focus on your business. On top of that, there are some great discounts for making the switch today!
Any Atlassian Enterprise customer who purchased a Server or Data Center license before 10/03/2019 (still under active maintenance or subscription) qualifies for a discount of up to 55% off the current list price for annual Cloud subscriptions (with 1,001 users or more.)
The discount drops the longer you wait. So, if you're thinking of moving to Cloud, now is definitely the time to do it. For more info on Atlassian's current Cloud incentives, check out Danny Riley's latest blog.
Atlassian Cloud Readiness Assessment
When preparing to migrate to Cloud, there are a number of important things you need to address in order to ensure that the solution works with the needs of your team and organization.
Here are a few things to consider once you decide to make the switch to Cloud.
- Go through you Jira and Confluence Apps, and determine which ones are business critical. Are there Atlassian Cloud versions of these Apps?
- Think about how you are doing user provisioning. Is your user provisioning supported in Atlassian Cloud?
- Evaluate any third-party integrations or custom API calls into Jira you are using. Will you still be able to use them in Atlassian Cloud?
- Evaluate your custom fields, workflows, schemes, and projects. Can anything be cleaned up or removed? Is anything using default schemes?
- Check with your risk management and infosec teams on data residency. Will there be an issue with app data being housed on App vendor servers?
These are only some of the checks to start with. There's a lot to pay attention to with Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence. Atlassian experts at Isos Technology can be invaluable in helping to fully assess your company's readiness for Cloud with all your supported Atlassian applications and processes.
More importantly, you should be aware of the huge incentives, so it might be a great time to get started.
Isos Technology is Here to Help
Isos Technology can do a deep dive into your organization’s processes, strategies, and goals to determine if Cloud adoption is the right option for your organization and help further prepare you for the switch. To continue that discussion, Isos has a comprehensive Cloud Strategy offering to help guide you through every step of the adoption process. This starts with a complete cloud readiness assessment and moves you through migration planning and implementation, and training—topping it off by helping your organization achieve freedom and autonomy via our managed services offering.