Top 5 Takeaways from Summit 2017
We recently returned from a whirlwind week at Atlassian Summit 2017! We had a chance to attend the keynotes and several conference sessions, and we learned tons of exciting and valuable information. Behold, our Top 5 Takeaways from Summit:
1. Summit 2017 was the largest Summit ever, both in terms of attendance and with respect to conference offerings. Yes, we say this every year, but it's true every year! Atlassian just keeps growing, and it was exciting and rewarding to witness this expansion.
2. Atlassian just launched Stride, a new way for teams to talk, meet, decide, and do. We already love it, and are certain you will, too! To learn more about Stride, click here.
3. Atlassian has unveiled a fresh, new look for the company with redesigned logos and updated product names. Read all about it here.
4. Native markdown support is now included in the Atlassian editor for all products! This is a feature that many developers have been clamoring for, and Atlassian has delivered big time.
5. This is technically not a takeaway, but we couldn't end this article without mentioning that Isos Technology won a 2017 Atlassian Partner Award for Top Jira Service Desk Partner in the world. Yep, that's right...Isos beat out over 400 worldwide Atlassian partners to nab this coveted prize! We couldn't be prouder. To read all about this incredible honor, click here.
From the Isos Batcave: Three Helpful Tips for Confluence Users
- The question mark key is your friend. When using Jira and Confluence (and when you're not in edit mode), you can press the question mark key to get a comprehensive list of shortcuts. They can save tons of time and are incredibly easy to use. Win win!
- Memorize those shortcuts! Increase your efficiency by using shortcuts for all sorts of Confluence functions, such as "e" for edit, "s" for share, and many, many more.
- Activate personal spaces for everyone in your organization so that all employees are encouraged to get familiar with Confluence. They can tinker around Confluence within their own individual space, which is a great way to encourage creativity and boost knowledge of the product.
Jumpstart Your Atlassian Initiatives with Isos Technology
Are you just beginning your Atlassian journey and need some assistance with rolling out the toolset?Maybe you're a seasoned Atlassian vet, but you need a little extra help with diagnosing problems and optimizing your environment. Or, are you interested in setting up customized Atlassian training classes for your team? Whatever you need, Isos is here for you every step of the way. I'm just a phone call or email away, so please don't hesitate to reach out!
Interested in Learning More About Agile? Join us at Agile Arizona!
This is your chance to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about the Agile methodology from a panel of experts. Whether you're interested in Agile best practices, products, or how to smoothly transition your team into a well-oiled Agile machine, this is the conference for you. Isos is a proud Platinum Sponsor of this annual event, so join us on October 12-13 in Chandler, AZ. For more information on Agile Arizona, click here.
Speaking of Agile Arizona...
If you'd like to "talk shop" about Agile after the conference, or even if you just want to stop by for a burger, a beer and some good conversation, please join us for a special VIP Mixer on Friday, October 13th at Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers in Chandler, AZ. Register here for this fun event!
Sign Up Today for Our Information-Packed DevOps Webinar
Companies across the globe have wisely selected the Atlassian toolset for their DevOps initiatives. Join us for an informative webinar on September 27th at 10:00 AM PDT to learn more about how the Atlassian products can benefit both your development and operations teams, and how they can help you implement and foster a successful DevOps culture in your organization. There's still time, so sign up now!
What You Should Be Reading
Is your organization struggling to manage tasks, engage employees and scale for growth? Check out this great blog. We found it on businessmapping.com. The author outlines how implementing and fostering process in your company will improve all of these issues, and more.
Quote of the Month:
"Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."
Check Out These Great Blogs...
How I Ran My Kids Like an Atlassian Team for a Month Read More...
The 6 Best Confluence Pages for Building a DevOps Culture Read More...