In another recent Isos blog post, my colleague Tad Fox presented you with 5 Questions to Ask When Getting Ready for Atlassian Cloud. In that post, Tad also introduced you to one of the most compelling cloud incentives provided by Atlassian - the Multi-Year Cloud Migration Loyalty Discount program. In this blog post, we'll dive deeper into the loyalty discount program, along with all the available Atlassian Cloud incentives, enablements, and eligibility terms. So, let's dive in...
Extended Cloud Trials to Support Migrations
Last fall in Vienna, Atlassian announced that Server and Data Center customers are eligible for an extended cloud trial license for Atlassian's core products: Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence. Customers are even able to switch between Standard and Premium plans (where available) at any time to determine which plan works best for them.
Extended cloud trial licenses are a one-time offer that match an existing SEN’s maintenance duration and user tier (up to 5,000 users), and allow customers to establish their own timeline while they assess, plan, and migrate to the Atlassian cloud.
Multi-Year Cloud Migration Loyalty Discount
If your organization is currently on an Enterprise Server or Data Center Atlassian instance and migrates to cloud before June 2020, plus you purchase an annual cloud subscription of 1,001 users or more, you are eligible for a multi-year cloud discount through 2022. Cloud quotes are generated for one year, but the structure below provides a pricing guideline to build a business case and plan for migration. The annual discount structure is as follows:
Annual cloud subscription purchases prior to June 2020, customers will receive a 55% discount off the current published cloud list price.
Annual cloud subscription purchases prior to June 2021, customers will receive a 40% discount off the current published cloud list price.
Annual cloud subscription purchases prior to June 2022, customers will receive a 20% discount off the current published cloud list price.
This is a limited-time offer for customers, who have purchased a Server or Data Center license before October 3rd, 2019 which is still under active maintenance or subscription. The license must be migrated using an extended cloud trial and the customer must purchase an annual cloud subscription of 1,001 users or more in order to receive the loyalty offer. Customer Server/Data Center data must be migrated to cloud by June 2020.
Now, June 2020 is right around the corner, but if your organization is considering, or even has "Thou Shalt Cloud" mandates, there's still time to take advantage of the Migration Loyalty Discount program!
Server to Cloud Migration Credit
If your organization currently has an active Atlassian Server or Data Center license agreement and is interested in moving to the Atlassian Cloud, Atlassian will credit any unused maintenance or subscription fees remaining on those on-premise (Server or Data Center) licenses to a Cloud annual subscription plan. The credit will be applied after the completion of the migration.
Time to Fly
So if your organization is pursuing an Atlassian ground-to-cloud migration, there has never been a better time... and the clock is ticking!
Here's the quick playbook to get the most out of the move to Atlassian Cloud:
- If you haven't already run through Tad's 5 Questions to Ask When Getting Ready for Atlassian Cloud, start there!
- Get set up with an extended cloud trial license and walk around in both Standard and Premium to determine what plan works for your organization.
- Migrate your data to the extended cloud trial environment. Now, migrations are never straightforward and moving into the cloud has its obstacles... we should know, as we've done it many times before. The good news is that we're here to help with our Atlassian migration services.
- Take advantage of the Multi-Year Cloud Migration Loyalty Discount program. Request a quote from Isos Technology and let us manage the details and discounts for you!
- Now, pull in the Server to Cloud Migration Credit. It's like double taxation, but in a good way!
- Lastly, focus on your core business and let Atlassian and Isos Technology handle the rest!