Another Atlassian Summit is nearly upon us...where has the time gone? Well, here's a little recap on how our Atlassian team spent this last year.
Atlassian Summit 2013
Though last year's Summit was the best one so far, we have high expectations for this year! In case you missed it, here's a little recap from last year. In addition to some great sessions, there were also some exciting announcements.
At Summit 2013 we gave away a few nice prizes (congrats to the winners) and also gave away a ton of root beer, letting you vote on your favorite -- and the winner was Dang!
Atlassian Events Around the World
On the heels of a great week in San Francisco for Summit 2013, we hit the road, traveling the planet to various clients and events.
We (quite literally) attended the 2014 Atlassian RoadTrip both in Austin and New York City, which were focused on one of our favorite topics, Git Essentials.
One of the best events we participated in was AtlasCamp 2014 in Berlin, Germany. There was a lot of great content on developing plugins for the entire Atlassian suite. We particularly liked the introduction to Connect, which allows you to write plugins for the Atlassian Cloud (aka OnDemand).
As fun as it is to travel, some of our most memorable events were right in our own backyard. We love supporting our local Phoenix and Las Vegas Atlassian User Groups. They are great venues to meet good people, learn something new, and, oh yeah, drink some beer. In addition to AUG's, we love to share the Atlassian story with other groups and conferences, like Desert Code Camp
The Isos Atlassian team reached a few milestones since our last Summit visit. Most notably we earned our Atlassian Platinum Expert status. This was a huge milestone for the team and one that the entire Isos team is extremely proud of.
In addition to becoming Platinum Experts, the team also retained their Enterprise status. This is an acknowledgement that the Isos crew truly understands how to work with Atlassian tools in the large enterprise. There are only a handful of Platinum Enterprise Experts in North America, and Isos is proud to be one of them.
Last, but not least, Isos landed on the Inc 500|5000 list for 2014. We have been growing like crazy, with no end in sight!
So here we are, staring down another Atlassian Summit...and we can't wait! We'll be presenting at two sessions this year:
Using HipChat for Real-Time Communication in Social Media
- When: Sept 10, 3:15 PM – 3:35 PM
- Where: Room 5
- Track: Collaboration Track - Intermediate
- Description: Much more than an IM platform, HipChat resolves the fragmentation between tools and teams. In this engaging session, you will learn how to use HipChat to create an effective, responsive distributed social media command center that streamlines communications, improves collaboration, and removes social media tool redundancies.
Jira Performance Testing in Pictures
- When: Sept 11, 2:00 PM – 2:50 PM
- Where: Room 3
- Track: Massive Teams - Advanced
- Description: It's essential to have the right tools to generate, measure, and evaluate load results in order to understand the performance characteristics of critical applications. We'll talk about how by putting together a handful of open source tools, we ended up with a monitoring solution for 20 Jira instances managing over two million issues for over 50,000 users.
If you are going to Summit and are interested in joining us for a happy hour on Tuesday, please let me know...I'll send you an invite! The venue looks really cool.
We look forward to seeing you at this year's Summit. If you get a chance, stop by our booth to play our 'Kinect the Dots' game for your chance to win cool prizes, including a new Xbox One Game System plus a gift card for buying your favorite Xbox games. While there, be sure to say hi to any of us!