Don’t have hours to wait on hold before getting connected to a customer service representative? Me neither! That’s why I appreciate companies that offer live chat on their websites, like we do at Isos Technology. In fact, one of my responsibilities here at Isos is to answer questions that come in via live chat, and I've noticed that I get many of the same ones over and over again.
So, in this blog series, I've rounded up all the answers to your most frequently asked questions. Hope this helps!
General Atlassian Technical Support Inquiries
First off, I get a lot of questions (like the ones below) from people looking for general technical support.
- I’m having trouble logging into my account.
- I am receiving an error message when trying to access my Jira Cloud account.
- Is there a way to adjust my workflows so that they link directly to my email?
- Why do I keep getting assigned tickets to my personal email address instead of my work email?
If you have Atlassian tech support questions like the ones above, the Atlassian Support Site has tons of helpful resources.
And now, here are seven of your frequently asked questions, along with answers!
1. Can you provide me with a direct phone number and/or email address to get in touch with Atlassian?
Atlassian does not have an email address or a customer service phone number. In order to get in touch with Atlassian, you must visit their support portal and submit a ticket with a brief but detailed description of your question and/or request. You can access the Atlassian support site by visiting the link here.
2. When is support for Atlassian Server ending?
As of February 2021, Atlassian has stopped selling new licenses for all Server products, and support for Server products will come to an end on February 2, 2024. In the meantime, security bug fixes will be provided only for critical vulnerabilities. After support ends, however, Atlassian and Marketplace Partners will no longer provide any form of technical support for any issues, security updates, or bug fixes. You can find more information by visiting this page on the Atlassian website.
As an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, Isos is committed to delivering top-of-the-line support to our clients interested in migrating their Server environments to Cloud. Please visit the Contact Us page on our website to submit your Cloud migration inquiry.
Questions about migrating to Atlassian Cloud? Check out this blog post written by our Solution Engineer, Nick Nader, outlining the migration process, as well as the estimated timeline for migration: Prepping for your Atlassian Ground to Cloud Migration.
3. I want more information on user license minimums for Atlassian products.
The terms for licensing vary based on both the environment, as well as each specific product offered by Atlassian. You can get more information by visiting the Atlassian Purchasing & Licensing FAQ page.
4. I am interested in receiving Atlassian training. What are my options?
We have a few different offerings here at Isos Technology:
- Atlassian University Courses: We are authorized to deliver Atlassian's own training courses (course materials & labs), including a variety of role-based learning paths for Jira and Confluence users and administrators. These classes can be digested individually or in a group setting.
- Isos Technology Classes: We offer our own instructor-led classes on select Atlassian foundational concepts and tools. These classes can be conducted online or in person, and they are recorded for your organization's future reference. The content is general in nature and perfect for those getting up to speed with the tools.
- Customized Training Programs: We can also create customized classes for clients with specific needs or requests, as well as a customized training program for your organization.
Contact Us with your training inquiry and we will be happy to assist you!
5. How much does Atlassian training cost?
The cost of training is dependent on several things, including the type of training, whether it's general or customized, the product your team needs training on, the number of people who need training, and the timeline. Due to these variables, we first need to conduct a discovery session to gather information, then relay it to our solution engineering and training team, who will then be able to provide an estimate.
6. Do you provide support for migrating on-premises instances to Atlassian Cloud?
Of course! As an Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise Solution Partner with a Cloud specialization, we provide support for clients for all of their Atlassian consulting needs. We're very experienced at Ground-to-Cloud migrations for companies of all sizes, and have a lot of resources for you too.
Here are a couple to get you started:
- Are you ready to migrate to Atlassian Cloud? Take our Atlassian Cloud Readiness Quiz.
- Download our Whitepaper: The Essential Guide to Merging Instances When Migrating to Atlassian Cloud
7. Are your services covered by any government cooperative contracts that a local government can leverage?
Yes! We have a GSA Schedule 70 contract in place, which is how we engage with our clients that require it.
Sign up to receive more great content
Learn more about Atlassian and how Isos can help by signing up to receive our latest blogs, eBooks, whitepapers and more.