THREE ISOS TECHNOLOGY TEAM MEMBERS NAMED FINALISTS IN THE PHOENIX BUSINESS JOURNAL AZ TOP TECH EXEC AWARDS
Three members of Isos Technology's team were recently named as finalists in Phoenix Business Journal’s AZ Top Tech Exec Awards. The awards seek to recognize the growth and diversity of the region's tech community, which employs thousands of people in businesses that range from software development and infrastructure to semiconductors and aerospace. Last year, Thad West was named CEO of the Year at the annual event. This year, the following three Isos team members will be honored at the annual award reception on Thursday, May 12:
- Danny Riley, Technology Advocate Finalist
- Kevin Allen, Rising Star Tech Titans Finalist
- Larry Cummings, Community Hero Finalist
Congratulations to all three – we are honored you are part of the Isos team!
ITSM CASE STUDY WEBINAR: SIX BEST PRACTICES FOR MANAGING A SUCCESSFUL ITSM IMPLEMENTATION & MIGRATION PROJECT
Join Isos for a free webinar on Thursday, May 5 to get first-hand lessons on how OC Tanner successfully migrated their outdated, home-grown ITSM solution to Atlassian’s Jira Service Desk. You will learn:
- How to prepare your business for a migration project
- Best practices for managing the implementation
- How to avoid a few big pitfalls that could kill your project and raise your blood pressure
- The most important key metrics to track before, during and after the project
Thursday, May 5, 2016
10-10:45 am PDT
NEW FISHEYE AND CRUCIBLE RELEASE AND PRICING UPDATES
FishEye and Crucible 4.0 were recently released with a host of new upgrades, including:
- Improved User Directories Management –Embedded Crowd significantly enhances remote user source handling, making management consistent with other Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence. Users are free to define and configure any number of user directories.
- Global Permissions – A new global permissions mechanism enables you to assign any group one or both permissions, effectively granting all group members access to FishEye or Crucible.
- Blame Rendering Changes – Blame information is hidden by default to reduce page load time. Blames are shown by hitting the Blame button, which allows you to see who last modified a line of code and in which revision.
In addition to the new features, Atlassian has implemented pricing changes for FishEye and Crucible. Pricing details can be found at www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/pricing and www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/pricing.
UPCOMING ATLASSIAN TRAINING COURSES
May 4, 2016
10:00 am-4:30 pm
4225 E Windrose Dr.
Part I of the Jira Admin Training Course will give you a solid foundation for all of the configurable components involved in setting up and managing your Jira projects. You will learn and perform the project admin tasks such as customizing project details, configuring workflow, customizing fields, creating new projects, troubleshooting and much more. Upon completion of part 1 of this two-part course, you will be equipped to configure Jira projects to meet business requirements and demands.
May 10, 2016
Qualcomm Building AM
9940 Barnes Canyon Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
In this intermediate-level course, you will learn advanced workflow features and best practices for configuring them. Workflow features include post-functions, conditions, validators and commonly used status and transition properties. Attendees will work to find solutions to common requirements coming from real business scenarios that Jira administrators face on a daily basis. By the end of class, you will be able to build more effective Jira workflows by using all available workflow features.
May 5, 2016
3340 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA
Join Isos Technology at the upcoming AUG on "How Atlassian Does DevOps." The AUG will demonstrate how Atlassian products foster collaboration, stimulate innovation, accelerate releases and improve quality.
Following the presentations, we look forward to networking, as well as enjoying great food and libations! We hope to see you there!
May 6, 2016
1260 S Spectrum Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85286
Isos Technology is a Gold Sponsor of the First Annual Agile Arizona, a full-day conference that mixes passionate people, great ideas and industry best practices.
Join us for Larry Cummings session at 3:30 pm on "How to Use Tools without Losing Focus on Individuals and Interactions." Be sure to visit our table in the expo center as well!
May 10, 2016
Ronald Reagan Bldg & Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Isos is excited to be sponsoring and attending the upcoming Atlassian Government Symposium, designed to help government agencies and contractors deliver mission critical software and processes. At the event, Isos will be showcasing our Jira Service Desk implementation for the Department of Defense.
This on-demand webinar will help you on your journey to become admin certified on Jira, Confluence or both. The webinar will review the new Atlassian certification program, as well as key tips from recent students to help you prepare for the certification exams.
Isos regularly blogs on the latest topics in software development, mobile and information technology, as well as business and technology challenges... and occasionally even life in general! If you've missed some of our more recent blogs, don't worry – we've got you covered with highlights below, and there's plenty more on our website.
- The Art of Collaboration by Evan Golden
- Getting Jiggy with JSD! – Part 2 by Evan Golden
- Getting Jiggy with JSD! – Part 1 by Evan Golden
- Jira Service Desk + ITSM = <3 by Kevin Allen
- Jira/Confluence Integration AATP Wrap-Up! by Evan Golden
- Atlassian Training Like An Isosian by Lia Wood
- Training Your Atlassian Team Starts By Understanding Where They Need To Improve by Larry Cummings
- Training is at the Core by Rodney West
- The Importance of Training – from an Authorized Atlassian Training Program Partner by Evan Golden
- Why Jira Is Turning Out To Be So Valuable To Non-Technical Project Teams by Larry Cummings
- The Gaming of the Blogs – 2015 Fantasy Draft Retrospective by Rodney West
ROAD WARRIORS UNITE!
Like many people this time of year, Isos has been in the midst of a productive, well-packed travel and event schedule. For most companies, those travel times can create some additional stress with loss of productivity and lack of insight into what your team’s progress is on key projects. The good news is that Atlassian has several tools we’ve implemented for our clients – tools we rely on ourselves – that help you be productive and engaged from wherever you find yourself… on land, sea or air.
If you are interested in learning more about how these productivity tools can benefit your organization, give me a call or drop me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon!